Comments in the Press
I am very happy to talk to reporters about social media (especially Facebook, Twitter, and Google), Internet culture, open source software, and computers and surveillance.
- Bammes, Dan. 2014. "U Professor: How Social Media, Socialbots Exploit the Unwary." KUER.
- 2014. "Eye Spy." Big Picture Science. 4 August.
- 2014. "Balancing Life and Privacy with Google Glass." KQED Forum.
- Harris, Paul. 2014. Radio interview about online cookies. America Weekend.
- Swan, Rachel. 2013. "UC Berkeley Helps Facebook Be as Emotionally Rich as Possible." SF Weekly.
- Clemmitt, Marcia. 2012. "Internet Regulation." (Paywall). CQ Researcher, vol. 24, issue 13.
- Horiuchi, Vince. 2012. "Teens are texting more, study finds, but is it addictive?" Salt Lake Tribune
- Israelsen-Hartley, S., 2011. Facebook 'friends' college campuses, Mark Zuckerberg visits BYU. Deseret News.
- Iyamba, N., 2011. Social media creates hundreds of friends, shallow relationships. KSL.com.
- Elliott, C., 2010. Spy vs. spy: Travelers join surveillance fray. MSNBC.
- 2010. PTSD, Internet comment boards. Sunday Edition with Bruce Lindsay.